The athletic programs at Austin Catholic are an integral part of the school’s total education program, and as such shares in the Augustinian values proclaimed in the school’s philosophy:
Truth, Unity, Love.
• Truth in athletics in particular calls for honesty with oneself and others on and off the playing field. Even in competition, our athletes should be very much aware of their dignity as children of God.
• Unity lends itself to the formation of community, where teamwork is emphasized and yet the needs of the individual are properly respected within the parameters of that community.
• Love, is the foundation for all our planning and activity. It leads to greater self-respect and tolerance for others and teaches us to look beyond present circumstances to a deeper understanding of the presence of God in all we do. Truth and Unity are nurtured and enhanced by a strong bond of caring fellowship among our athletes.
• In all matters, the athletic program shall be guided by its desire to offer superior opportunities for Austin Catholic student-athletes to develop their talents, to compete in sportsman-like manner, and to grow in their dedication to teamwork, honest effort, and ideals of Austin Catholic.
• Currently Austin Catholic offers 12 varsity sports and 2 JV programs. Austin Catholic fully complies with the rules of the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) and the Catholic High School League (CHSL) including adherence to eligibility and recruitment rules.
• Transfer students must refer to the MHSAA transfer eligibility guidelines.
Please see Athletic
Director for more information.