Mass & Spirituality
We are Augustinian!
St. Augustine believed that we are companions on a journey which leads to the discovery of self, an appreciation of friendship, and ultimately, a relationship with God. (City of God IX,7).
A dedicated and caring faculty and staff integrate the core Augustinian values of truth, unity and love into all dimensions of student life.
We are steeped in prayer and community!
Austin Catholic provides daily liturgical opportunities for students and staff that support the mission and vision of the school. While Austin admits students from all religious traditions, religion classes are mandatory for all students. All liturgical opportunities support and supplement the Theology Curriculum in a way that provides for a well-rounded experience. Religious practice and observance are encouraged in the following ways:
- Classroom prayer and lesson connections
- Morning or End of the day prayer including mindful meditation Mondays
- Morning mass twice a week at 7:20am
- A weekly Community Mass, during the school day, for parents, local community, and all Austin Catholic
students and staff.
- Masses are celebrated by priests from local parishes and priests visiting the area.
- Adoration, Rosary, Confession, Stations of the Cross, and various other special liturgies and
The chapel is open daily from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm for Eucharistic adoration and private prayer.