Austin Catholic High School has elected to participate in various educational memberships and organizations to enhance the teaching, learning, Catholic Identity, and leadership of the school. Austin Catholic was first accredited during our 4th academic year in 2015, after a 2 year initial application and self study process under the AdvancED model. ACHS has since renewed our accreditation during the 2020-21 academic year using the new revised Cognia model. During both review processes our faculty, administration, and leadership (Board) have learned a significant amount from the process and the outside professionals who visit to “review” our performance. Using the outcomes presented, ACHS works to set instructional and operational goals to improve student learning and teaching.
ACHS is very proud of our above average IEQ score and results.
Austin 2021 IEQ = 309
Cognia Improvement Network 5 year Average IEQ Range = 278.34-283.33.
Why Cognia (formerly AdvancED/ NorthCentral)?
Educational institutions that engage in Cognia Accreditation will:
“No matter how broad your expertise, education today presents unique challenges. Outside perspectives help leaders, like you, to understand where your schools excel, and where you need to focus to meet tomorrow’s students’ needs.”
- Unite with a global network committed to standards of educational excellence.
- Earn the distinction of quality through the recognized seal of Cognia accreditation.
- Experience a unified, clear, and powerful accreditation process with a scalable and sustainable evaluation of education quality.
- Receive external and objective validation of the areas in which they’re doing well, and the areas for continuous improvement.
- Benefit from Cognia research that shapes educational policy and improves learning practices.
- Hear the best available ideas and thinking on education practices and trends through innovative products, educational technologies, and the collective knowledge of peers.
- Benefit from shared expertise and powerful professional learning through local and global workshops, training, conferences, and personalized service.
Cognia Performance Standards define excellence in every aspect of education. With Cognia standards as your guide, assure your learners high-quality schooling that prepares them for their next steps in education or career anywhere in the world.
What makes a good school?
The quality of a school goes beyond its name, location, or reputation. Your school succeeds when it supports every learner every day, offering opportunities for every learner to reach further.
Hallmarks of excellence
Cognia Performance Standards are the centerpiece of continuous improvement for our member institutions around the world and the foundation of the accreditation process.
Cognia Performance Standards underpin all our solutions in service to schools and learners—professional learning, accreditation, assessment, and school improvement and turnaround.
More information on Cognia.
*information obtained from Cognia website.