Ways to Give
The Austin Fund
- Austin Catholic High School’s Austin Fund appeal is an on-going fundraising effort.
- The gifts received are used to help operate and run the school.
- Your gift to the Austin Fund is 100% tax deductible. Each donation is recognized by the school with a thank you acknowledgement and by listing the donor/donors name in our Scroll of Donors published each year in our Annual Report.
Capital Campaign/Together We Can
- A Capital Campaign is created to fund a specific project, such as a Gymnasium Expansion, Chapel, and Science/Tech Wing Renovations.
- A Capital Campaign runs simultaneously with an Annual Fund Appeal/Annual Giving. Gifts received will directly go to the campaign project.
- Capital Campaign gifts can be a pledge (i.e. $ amount to be paid over x years) or a one-time donation.
- Naming opportunities for designated areas for set gift amounts are available.
- Your gift to the TWC Capital Campaign is 100% tax deductible. Each donation is recognized by the school with a thank you acknowledgement and by listing the donor/donors name in our Scroll of Donors published each year in our Annual Report.
Click the Photo Below for more information about the Dave DeBusschere Center for Athletics
- Austin Catholic High School welcomes gifts of in-kind. Please contact the school prior to delivery or drop off to ensure the item/items can be utilized.
- In-kind donations can be 100% tax deductible. Please complete an in-kind/item donation form from the office.
- Each in-kind donation will be recognized by the school with a thank you acknowledgement.
- Please check with your employer/former employer to see if they participate in a matching gift program.
Employer Matching Gifts
- Many employers offer to match a donation you give to charity. Please check with your employer/former employer to see if they participate in a matching gift program.
- Endowment is a permanent fund that holds its principal in perpetuity and is invested for the benefit of a particular purpose. You can establish a permanent endowment to benefit Austin with a gift of cash, securities or complex assets. Once in place, the Endowment fund will grow and make annual distributions to support Austin for generations to come.
- Austin Catholic High School partnered with the Catholic Foundation of Michigan and created four Scholarship Endowment Funds. Anyone may make a contribution to an existing endowment fund in any dollar amount.
- An endowment gift is 100% tax deductible. Each gift is recognized by the school with a thank you acknowledgement and by listing the donor/donors name in our Scroll of Donors published each year in our Annual Report.
Wills & Living Trusts
- By including Austin Catholic High School in your will or living trust, you can make an important and lasting gift of an Augustinian education based on truth, unity, and love for future Austin Catholic students while meeting your financial and estate planning goals.
- A bequest can take many forms, and because a bequest qualifies for the estate tax charitable deduction, it may reduce your taxable estate.
Retirement Plan Assets
- Your IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement plan may be heavily taxed if left to
anyone other than a legally recognized spouse. By naming Austin Catholic High School as a
beneficiary of all or a portion of a retirement plan, you avoid both the estate tax and income tax
due on these tax-deferred plans if you distributed to your heirs. Maximizing your Gift to Austin Catholic High School
- If you have a life insurance policy you no longer need, you may consider transferring ownership
to Austin Catholic High School.
- You may also purchase a new policy, and later name Austin Catholic as the owner and beneficiary. Either gift generates a charitable income tax deduction. The payment of premiums on behalf of Austin Catholic will also enable you to claim income tax charitable deductions.
Charitable Remainder Unitrust
- With this instrument of planned giving, you could potentially and irrevocably transfer money,
stock certificates, personal or real property to a trustee who then pays you, and possibly others,
income for life or for a period of years as determined by you at the time the assets are
transferred. Then you and/or other income recipients (people and/or organizations) receive
annual payments from the trust based on a fixed percentage selected by you and applied to the
market value of the assets as determined each year. This means that the income will vary from
year to year.
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
- This instrument performs in much the same way as a Charitable Remainder Unitrust; with two
important differences. The annual income the recipient receives as a result of such a charitable
gift will always be the same regardless of the changing annual value of the assets. Once assets
are placed in this type of trust, you may not add to the trust capital to provide for a greater
charitable deduction. The charitable remainder annuity trust may place you in a position of
greater financial security because it fixes the amount of income paid annually regardless of
Charitable Gift Annuity
- The charitable gift annuity is a contract between you and a non-profit organization whereby the
organization promises to pay a certain amount of money each year in exchange for a gift of
Charitable Lead Trust
- The income from this type of trust is directed to a charitable organization for some period of
years — often 10 years or more. At the end of the stated number of years, the trust becomes the property of the individuals named by you, such as children or others, or it can revert to you. The lead trust differs from the unitrust or annuity trust in that the charitable organization receives the income from the trust during the trust period rather than receiving the trust corpus at the end of the trust period.
Austin Catholic High School is a 501 (c) 3 organization. Gifts to Austin Catholic are 100% tax deductible.
For additional information, please contact Kelli A. Horton, Executive Director, Institutional Advancement at 586-200-0143 ext. 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.